Monday, June 21, 2010

A Tribute To Aqua-The Color of Paradise (2 of 2)-Stephanie Clayton

Check out part 2 of the online exhibition Stephanie Clayton has curated. She has included me with some really fantastic artists. It makes you want to find a body of cool water asap. Below is one painting that is featured in the exhibit by Steven Alexander. I have admired his work for some time. The beautiful layering and pops of color are quite stunning. I am drawn in by the bold colors in the middle but also equally engaged by the luminosity of the expansive textured blue space.
  Steven Alexander "True Love Never Die" 2009, 72 x 54 inches, acrylic on canvas

1 comment:

  1. I've admired Steven's work for sometime also. It interests me the way he utilizes contrasting elements- in his choice of colors and textures especially. It's a successful marriage of the hard with the soft, the vibrant with the muted, the smooth with the rough. Brilliant work.

    Thanks for another mention, Elizabeth! I was glad to have your work in the online aqua exhibit. I'd love to see another artist pick up on this idea, for another wonderful color tribute.

    And by the way, I love seeing the evolution of your work, and the tiny art in particular.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for commenting and reading.