Friday, December 4, 2009

Katherine Mitchell at Sandler Hudson


Tonight is the opening for Katherine Mitchell 7-9 pm. I will be posting pictures later next week of this show. Her recent exhibition at Sandler Hudson Gallery entitled, Correspondences, Conversations and Texts, deals with the origin of her drawings and paintings which involves text and forms a departure from her past, purely geometric and abstract works. Katherine Mitchell is recently retired from Emory Visual Arts Department having taught there for almost 30 years. She will discuss these works at an artist's talk on Saturday, December 19th, 2pm. (Image and content source)
www.katherinemitchellart.com

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this... I find a common thread in her grids and what I try to do along those lines. Would love to hear her talk, will see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    Good to hear from you. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful piece; I look forward to seeing more photo from the show.
    By the way, I've done a second blog post on your beautiful work. I wanted to feature your colorful paintings this time.
    And thanks so much for mention! I see the link to the right, top.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for commenting and reading.