Saturday, July 31, 2010

Indy Photo

I have been taking photos for a long time and have been experimenting with abstraction in photography. I have started a journal (www.indyphoto.wordpress.com ) of these photos and I am finding inspiration for paintings and new approaches to painting. I eventually would like to do a series bringing these two mediums together. I am working on this and am so inspired by the textures and patterns I am finding. I have a urban series based on my life in Atlanta. The other main series is the Pleasant Plain series. This series is from the place I grew up in and come back to often. It's my roots and has a lot of meaning to me. More and more I am drawn back. I named this project after my trusty studio mate of almost 15 yrs and long time canine companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for commenting and reading.